8 cups pecans
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup sugar
½ cup honey
Apples, peeled, cored and sliced into 16ths
2 T. unsalted butter, melted
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 1/4 t. ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Place apples, butter, sugar and cinnamon into a mixing bowl and toss well to coat. Place coated apples in a shallow oven-proof baking dish and cover tightly with foil. Place dish on middle rack in oven and bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven, carefully remove foil and stir gently to recoat apples with sauce.
Sift flower, baking powder and salt over fruit. Coat fruit well.
- Beat eggs until foamy, slowly add sugar. Add honey.
- Mix everything together until well coated with batter.
- Pack into pan
- Decorate top with pecans.
- Bake at 275F for 1 ¼ hours
- Let cool 5 minutes, brush top with honey.